The warmer days of spring and summer are right around the corner! For me, one of the perks of the warmer days ahead is being able to break out my Vitamix and make a delicious smoothie. They are perfect for breakfast or as a post-recovery treat after a long run. Actually, they are perfect just about anytime!
Now, the kitchen certainly is not where I enjoy spending my time (due to the fact that Matt is the chef of the house), but I can successfully whip up a smoothie. So, today I would like to share this delicious and nutritious treat with you!
Without further adieu, here is what you need to do to create this warm weather treat.
- a blender-I have a Vitamix 🙂
- measuring spoons
- measuring cups
- vanilla almond milk – 1 to 2 cups
- chocolate cocoa powder – 1 tbsp.
- Wyman’s frozen blueberries – 1 cup
- Bob’s Red Mill flaxseed meal (or chia seeds) – 2 tbsp.
- honey – 1 tbsp.
- ripe avocado – 1/4 of the avocado
- vanilla – 1 tsp. (optional)
There you have it, my favorite blueberry smoothie.
Now you can see why I’m just a bit anxious.
Slice of Life
Join in and share a slice of your life!