Several fellow slicers have been kind enough to share writing prompts and/or topic ideas for the upcoming Slice of Life Story Challenge. Some of the ones I stumbled across can be found here at Sweet Writing Life and here at Just for a Month. Thank you for sharing, ladies!
I would like to share some writing territories that I created for myself to help me keep pushing the pen and clicking away at the keyboard. I’ve broken them down into days of the week and sprinkled in some alliteration just for fun! So, here we go!
- Marvelous Monday: What made your Monday marvelous today?
- Make a Change Monday: Time for reflection here. What changes would you like to make to enhance your life? Or perhaps enhance the lives of others?
- Mindset Monday: What can you say instead of “This is too hard?” How can you change your mindset? How have you changed your mindset?
- Motivation Monday: What motivates you, who motivates you? How do you motivate others?
- Tome Tuesday: Calling all book lovers! What’s on your reading radar? Please share what you are reading, what you have read, or what you want to read.
- Tickle Tuesday: Laughter, we all know it’s healthy for us. What has tickled your funny bone or are you that person that likes to make other people laugh?
- Terrific Tuesday: Celebrate the goodness of your day. What made your Tuesday terrific?
- Today I Will Tuesday: What’s one positive thing you will do to make today great?
- Top Two Tuesday: It’s quick, it’s fun. Share the top two highlights of your day, week, month, life. You choose!
- Teacher Tip Tuesday: Go ahead, give us a sneak peek into your classroom, into your teaching world. What do you in your daily grind that makes teaching easier for you? What would make teaching easier for others?
- Warm-Hearted Wednesday: Celebrate the goodness of your life. What warms your heart? How have you warmed someone else’s heart?
- Wi-Fi Wednesday: Calling all tech savvy individuals here. Share how powerful technology and/or the internet is for you. Is there a new app you’re using? Please share!
- What’s Good Wednesday: Keep is simple, keep it fun. Focus on the good and sprinkle that goodness around.
- I Wonder Wednesday: What are you wondering? What are you curious about? Model your post after Wonderopolis or just take this time to reflect.
- Workout Wednesday: Go ahead, share your workouts. What do you do to keep your body physically strong and healthy?
- What Works Wednesday: Go ahead, give us a sneak peek into your classroom, into your teaching world. What do you in your daily grind that makes teaching easier for you? What would make teaching easier for others?
- Thankful Thursday: What are you thankful for? Focus on an area of your life and share what makes your life better.
- Three Things Thursday: Celebrate a little bit or randomness here. Don’t worry about rhyme or reason. Pick three things and share.
- Think About It Thursday: This is for all those who have thoughts on their mind. What are you thinking about today?
- Today I Will Thursday: What’s one positive thing you will do to make today great?
- Fitness Friday: Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body. What do you do to stay mentally fit and work that brain muscle? Or, what do you do to stay physically fit? Maybe you focus on both. Please share!
- Fresh Air Friday: Calling all nature lovers or those who just like to get outside. What did you do outside today?
- Five Words Friday: Five words, just five words. Sprinkle them on the page. Perhaps leave us wondering how they connect, what they mean to you. It’s been said, less is more!
- Furry Friends Friday: There’s not doubt about it, animals enhance our lives and bring us joy. Celebrate your furry friends and maybe share a funny story or two about them.
- Fam Friday: Focus on your family today. You chose what you want to share about how important family is to you.
- Foodie Friday: This is for those who love to create in the kitchen! Food planning: love it, loathe it, or wing it? A trend right now is to have your meals delivered to your doorstep. How’s that working for you? Or, perhaps you’re a restaurant connoisseur. Share some of your favorites.
- Friendship Friday: Who are the friends that are important in your life? Celebrate your friendship and honor your friend on Friendship Friday.
Saturday & Sunday
- Let It Be Saturday/Sunday: You made it through the week. What will you do to celebrate the day?
- Satur-Yay / Sun-Yay: YAY! It’s the weekend! What fun plans do you have to kick back and enjoy?
- Six Words Saturday: Six words, just six words. Sprinkle them on the page. Perhaps leave us wondering how they connect, what they mean to you. It’s been said, less is more!
- Seven Words Sunday: Seven words, just seven words. Sprinkle them on the page. Perhaps leave us wondering how they connect, what they mean to you. It’s been said, less is more!
- Saturday Six Minute Share: Set the timer for six minutes and write! You only have six minutes. Share what you wrote in those six minutes.
- Sunday Seven Minute Share: Set the timer for seven minutes and write! You only have seven minutes. Share what you wrote in those seven minutes.
- If It’s Saturday/Sunday…: What will you do today to enjoy your weekend?
- Saturday/Sunday Celebrations: What did you do today to celebrate the goodness of life?
There you go!
Slice of Life
Join in and share a slice of your life!