Balance, serenity, and focus…that describes my September. Overall it was a quiet month for me, but I have much to celebrate. In no particular order, here’s why I’m throwing some confetti as I say good-bye to September.
- This Is Us is back on NBC on Tuesday evenings! I don’t watch much television, or should I say television series, but I do completely enjoy this series. I was like a child anxiously awaiting for 9:00 PM to arrive so I could catch episode #1. It did not disappoint!
- K-cups! I purchased some K-cups just for me. I don’t drink coffee, but I do enjoy Cafe Escapes Chai Latte. It’s oh-so delicious! It’s my guilty pleasure in the morning as I begin my day at school.
- Books! There are some new books on my radar for the month of September: The Little Book of Hygge (hoo-ga) and Braving the Wilderness. Both books speak to me on different levels. That’s the thing about books, when they connect to you, you just devour them!
- My Fitbit! I continue to be just a wee bit obsessed with my Fitbit. It’s a good obsession though! I’ve gained control of my hydration and my overall sleep has improved. The sleep issue is HUGE! I’m so happy that more times than not I am finally gaining control of my sleep patterns and the amount of hours I rest each night. There are other perks to my Fitbit, but I’ll spare you the details for now. Truthfully, I could do an entire post just on my Fitbit!
- Journaling! I received a journal last Christmas from a dear friend. It’s titled Fit Happens (wink, wink!) It’s a gratitude journal and it has proven to be a great way for me to reflect on my day. I’ve been journaling in it in the evening and I think it is a nice way to wrap up my day. I heart the way it touches upon various aspects of my day and it has a well-rounded approach. I just haven’t been able to keep up with my “morning pages” so this allows me to keep up with my writing and reflections at the end of my day.
- Caps off to new pens! I have another obsession —> my Paper Mate Ink Joy Gel pens. They write oh-so smooth, come in a nice variety of colors, and do NOT smear for this left-handed girl! I heart them too!
- 1/2 Marathon training! I’m excited for my upcoming 1/2 marathon in October. During September I was able to complete *all* of the training runs that I scheduled on my new plan. It goes without saying that I’m proud of this accomplishment. After the race, I’m looking forward to mixing my fitness up a bit. It’s time to get back into my cross-training routine.
- Fall is here! The temperatures are finally cooler! This is fabulous for the runner in me. I certainly enjoyed the sunshiny days, but the heat and humidity definitely made my running a challenge, an enormous challenge! The cooler temperatures are so much more conducive to withstanding a 10, 11, or 12 mile run!
- #mustreadin2017! I only have two more books to read on my #mustreadin2017 list. They are Two Naomis and Wonderstruck. Wonderstruck will be out in the movie theaters in October so it’s down to the wire that I finish it ASAP.
And that’s a wrap for my nine September celebrations!
Join in each Saturday for Celebrate This Week with Ruth Ayres.
It’s a time to celebrate the joy!
13 thoughts on “nine celebrations for the month of september”
I love this! Might I borrow? We have many things in common, except the running – lol.
You may always borrow! We do have lots in common! Oh you have running in your family so let’s count that one in anyway! Thanks for stopping by this evening!
Oh, so much to love in this post – journaling, pen love, book love, and a series you love. I don’t watch this one, but can’t wait for the new season of Poldark. And I did NOT know that the movie for Wonderstruck was coming out. It makes me want to reread it since it was a long time ago that I read it. So glad to hear from you, Amy!
It’s awesome that you have so many great celebrations. I’m a runner too, though I’m on hiatus at the moment. Fall 1/2 marathons are so awesome with the cooler temps. I didn’t know about the Wonderstruck movie either. Cool!
I love Ink Joy Gel pens too! (I have a Michelle Haseltine to thank for that. :). It sounds like you’ve had a productive and purposeful September. Now, on to more great things in November friend!
Love reading about your life. Keep it going Amy. 🤙❤️
I’ve been thinking about getting a Fitbit. I could use some accountability for my exercise. A half marathon is quite an accomplishment. My husband and two of my daughters are runners. I am not. I cannot even imagine running one mile. Let alone 13! Good luck with your continued pursuit of wellness and happiness. You are obviously on the right track.
It seems that your September was ‘just right’, Amy. I love hearing about your life. I’ve read parts of “Hygge” and enjoyed it. Best wishes with your training and your evening journaling!
Countdown begins for October now, Amy. It is good to see that September was full of joyful celebrations for you.
LOVE This is Us ❤️.
Amy! I was so happy to see your post pop up in my e-mail and to read about all the wonderful things you’re celebrating in your life. I’m feeling a bit betrayed though–What’s up with the Ink Joy pens? I thought you were a fellow Flair lover? lol Good luck with the 1/2 marathon!!!
Hi Molly! Thanks for your kind words! Don’t fret…I still love my flair pens too. Sometimes a girl needs some options! :0
So many things to celebrate! I share a lot of the things you mentioned… although I’m just trying to run again at all… no 1/2 for me… I’d just be happy if I could run 3 or 4 miles again!