Scrolling through social media, I stumbled upon these cute little info graphics for individual teacher stats. I just couldn’t resist, so I plugged my info in and let it create one about me. If you want to create one too, please click here.
I couldn’t stop there though. My mind was meandering down memory lane and before I knew it I was jotting down some fast facts about my teaching career. Here they are:
- August 2000 through December 2000 – completed my student teaching in 3rd grade at Roundtown Elementary in Central York Schools
- December 2000 – graduated from York College of Pennsylvania
- February 2001 through June 2001 – was offered and accepted a teaching position in 3rd grade to cover a maternity leave at Roundtown Elementary
- May 2001 – was offered a permanent contract to teach 3rd at North Hills Elementary in Central York School District
- August 2001 through June 2005 – taught 3rd grade at North Hills
- August 2005 through June 2006 – taught 3rd grade at Sinking Springs Elementary
- December 2005 – completed my Master’s Degree at Mansfield University and received a certification in Library Science, also received certification for Reading Specialist
- August 2006 through the present – became a Reading Specialist at Sinking Springs and teach reading for students in grades 4-6
It’s been a great ride. Although I started my teaching career later in my adult life, I have no regrets. I love my job and I am thankful for the opportunities that have come down my path. Here’s to the end of the 2016-2017 school year!
Slice of Life
Join in and share a slice of your life!