Oh, happy day!
Oh, happy National Oreo Cookie Day that is!
Yes, believe it or not, today is National Oreo Cookie Day. I mean, who knew that there was a special day to celebrate this yummy little cookie?
Have you ever wondered about this amazing cookie that is made up of two chocolate disks and contains a sweet cream filling? Well, here are some fun facts that will leave wanting to celebrate National Oreo Cookie Day every year when March 6th rolls around.
- The Oreo cookie was first produced in 1912.
- That’s 105 years ago!
- The National Biscuit Company, Nabisco, is the company that makes the BEST-SELLING cookie in the United States.
- Move over chocolate chip cookies. The Oreo has you beat!
- When the Oreo cookie was first sold, it sold for 25 cents a pound. Today you can purchase 14.3 oz. on sale for $3.49 or at regular price for $4.49.
- I teach reading, so I’ll let you do the price comparison on this one.
- The DOUBLE STUF Oreo cookie was introduced in 1974.
- This is my favorite Oreo cookie. In fact, I turn my nose up to the classic Oreo.
- It wasn’t until February of 2013 that the MEGA STUF hit the cookie market.
- I’ve never tried the MEGA STUF Oreo cookie. It sounds super-yummy!
- There are many different varieties of Oreos to meet your cookie craving needs. There’s Mini Oreos, Football Oreos, and Oreo Thins. Here are some that I stumbled upon when I was checking Oreo availability at my local Target:
- Then there are the limited edition Oreos. My research stated that there are SpongeBob SquarePants Oreos, Pumpkin Spice Oreos, and even Key Lime Pie Oreos. I managed to locate Birthday Cake Oreos and Peeps Oreos. Yes, Peeps Oreos!
- Last but not least, Oreos are best enjoyed with a glass of cold milk. So go grab a glass and an Oreo, or two, and enjoy!
Happy National Oreo Cookie Day!
Looking for some writing ideas for the SOLSC? Click here.
Slice of Life
Join in and share a slice of your life!